How to Track an iPhone by Phone Number: Detailed Guide
The most convenient way to track your misplaced phone or lost iPhone is through its phone number. Isn’t it?
Seemingly, there are various ways in which you can track your iPhone, like through IMEI number, through GPS tracker and many others. Have you tried the easiest way out? Is there a way to track an iPhone?
Here is how to track an iPhone by phone number.
Can You Track An iPhone With Just A Phone Number?
Maybe someone just stole your phone or you’re wondering what to do with an old iPhone that is lost and if you can find it somehow. You’ll be happy to hear that, yes, you can track an iPhone with just a phone number in a traditional sense.
However, this happens to be only in certain situations like when your phone number is connected to your iCloud account, location services are on, and the internet is connected on the phone.
You can also find an iPhone phone number with the online public records with the registered name and address of the person.
However, these solutions will not help you locate iPhone by phone number or fully catch a cheating spouse on iPhone.
How to Track an iPhone By Phone Number Even If Location Turned Off?
Want to know how to track an iPhone by phone number only even if the location is turned off, you can make use of the uMobix spy app.
uMobix spy app has an iPhone monitoring software feature that provides you with remote access to your iPhone.
This can be done in three easy steps:
- Enter the Apple ID and password of the iPhone you want to find
- uMobix will remotely access your iPhone and upload all the device data to their secure servers, even your phone’s GPS location
- After that, login to your uMobix Secure Online account and extract the required data from your iPhone
Not only this, but you can also use it to track all on the monitored iPhone and even recover all your saved data on the device like contacts, videos, emails, browsing history, etc.
How Can I Track A Phone Number Without Them Knowing?
You can track a phone number with the help of the Spokeo Reverse Phone Lookup.
Simply enter the phone number you want to track.
Alternatively, you can also enter other information like name, email, and address to additional lookup information of any person without them knowing.
Next, the Reverse Phone Lookup will surf through billions of online directories and records and provide you with the best information they can for the phone number, even their location.
This can help you in:
- Finding out who called or texted you if you receive a call from an unknown number
- Identifying spam callers
- Avoiding phone scams
- Verifying the identity of the caller and iphone call logging
- Keeping your loved ones safe from predators and fraudsters
How Can I Track An iPhone Location?
Comparing to Android users who can use a Samsung phone locator, there are more options for iOS to find someone’s location using their cell phone number.
Through Find My iPhone
iPhone has an inbuilt feature ‘Find My iPhone’ that can help you in tracking your iPhone location.
- You can find this in the Settings under your Apple ID.
- If you have enabled the Find My iPhone and Offline Finding, your iPhone can easily be located with the help of it.
- Download the Find My app from the App store to track your iPhone location.
This is the easiest method for how to track an iPhone by phone number for free.
Through iCloud or Find My App
You can also mark your iPhone as lost with the help of your iCloud account. This will make your iPhone data secure.
- Log in to your iCloud account or Find My App on another Apple device.
- Select the device you want to find.
- The location of the lost device will be shown on a map. You can play a sound if it is lost nearby you.
- Scroll down further and click on Mark As Lost and Activate.
- Enter the phone number you want flashing on your lost iPhone.
- This will display a custom message on your lost iPhone Please call me. Keeping your device on Lost Mode also suspends all the active payments on the device.
PRO TIP: You can also report your lost device by providing the device serial number to the local law enforcement. You can also remotely erase data of your lost iPhone using Find My app. However, once you erase the data from your device, you can no longer trace it.
Through Family Sharing
You can also track an iPhone location if you use Family Sharing.
With the help of Family Sharing, any of your family members can sign-in to the iCloud account with the common Apple ID and find the cell phone location for free.
How To Track An iPhone By Phone Number Online Without iCloud?
Using Find My Friends
Download the Find My Friends app and add your friends to your family list.
- Open Find My Friends app in their device.
- Click on your contact icon shown at the bottom.
- Enable ‘Share My Location.’
- Now click on ‘Add’ shown on the extreme right corner on the Homepage.
- Choose it to ‘Share indefinitely.’
- Accept the friend request on your device.
PRO TIP: This will require your friends to accept your friend request. You can also secretly do it on their device.
Using IMEI Number
Visit the website missingphones.org and enter the IMEI number of your device.
If your device is registered under it, they will notify you when they trace your phone somewhere.
Using Google Timeline Map
Visit Google Timeline on the web browser and sign-in to your Google Account.
Click on ‘Today’ to get the entire location history of the day.