When you lose a phone or any other mobile device, it is critical to get its unique number. It is the easiest way to find your gadget in any part of the world, and this article focuses on the ways to track phone with IMEI code because this technique has helped thousands of lucky mobile owners to get back their devices.
Track Phone with IMEI Code: Definition
When people realized it is easy to lose a mobile phone, but hard to find it, they decided to invent how to track a mobile using IMEI number. The abbreviation stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity. It is a unique set of numbers and the top chance for an owner to find lost mobile using IMEI number. This method explains how to find a mobile location using IMEI number. It is not necessary to have those mobile phone tracking applications installed, which are helpful not just as parental apps.
How to Find Mobile Location Using IMEI Number
“I need to find my mobile location using IMEI number!” If these words belong to you, it is time to learn the ways to find a lost/stolen mobile phone.
One more question exists. “Can I track my phone by IMEI number without possessing both mobile data and location services switched on?” No, it is impossible. Every user needs both elements to activate the function. If these features are not activated by default, put them on. Take the offered steps:
- Move to Settings -> Location where it is important to toggle the navigator to the on position;
- Swipe down on the Home screen. The icon of preferred service provider is needed to activate the mobile data;
- Go to the Google Dashboard by link (find mobile phone by IMEI number);
- After logging in, the Dashboard will try to contact the target mobile device with the help of personal identification number and display a map and an exact address of the current mobile phone’s location (it will minimum point to the previous location).
After these steps, the Google Dashboard provides a user with an opportunity to track using IMEI number and make a call, block, or delete the data remotely. In case a person is sure the device is somewhere in the building he/she lives or works, it is enough to use the Ring feature to make a call and detect the mobile phone by the sound.
How to Check IMEI Number
- Signing into the Google Dashboard as mentioned in the previous section by using mobile number – the website is http://www.google.com/settings;
- The next step to check my IMEI is clicking the arrow near the Android logo. Have a look at the entire list of devices connected to the personal Google account to pick the gadget of interest and locate phone with the help of that code. Copy the discovered number;
- Turn to the police or personal wireless carrier to show the discovered number and get the investigation results.
How to Check IMEI before the Phone Is Lost
If a mobile phone owner has not lost it, the process of checking an IMEI number is twice as simple. Learn the secret code ahead to make the process of investigation faster and easier in case you lose the mobile device in the future.
Without any special third-par applications required to detect the hidden codes, launch the phone dialer, call *#06# to get a personal number. It will show up on the device’s screen. Another option to find IMEI number on the target gadget is to launch Settings, choose About Phone, Status, and continuously push the corresponding number to save it to the clipboard and use whenever you need it.
Ways to Find IMEI: Summary of User’s Actions
The article proves it is easy to track phone with IMEI code. Watch it on the box of a new phone. Note somewhere to be able to detect a gadget in the future if anything happens. To track your cell phone, use any or all of these ways:
- Go to the police
The first thing to do when your phone was stolen is to ask local police for help, and the unique number will be helpful in this situation – give it to the officer, and he will track it to identify target device.
- Find it through your operator
As soon as your smartphone connects to the network, your operator will have its location. They will send the info to the police or owner personally.
- Use preinstalled applications
There are special programs that will help you to track any secret code. But you should install the software before any accidents.
Using IMEI number find lost mobile phone is the best and fastest way to return the stolen/lost gadget in the hands of its true owner!