The Best Free Parental Control Apps For Android
DISCLAIMER: All the below remote parental control apps for Android are NOT entirely free. They either provide a free trial or have a goodwill refund policy. Moreover, if you ever come across a free parental control software, be aware, as they either provide limited functionality or may contain malicious software that shares your private data with third parties. The apps mentioned and described in this article aren’t scams and are personally tested by us. They have also proved themselves in the market well. Here you can also find details about the pricing/ trials/ refund policy of each of these apps.
Leading Spy Apps: Control on Android devices
With so many programs on the market, offering the ability to track an Android phone remotely, parents might be overwhelmed by the parental control choices available. There are parental control options at different prices.
Still, price should not be your sole concern. Check out some impeccable features below to get a sense of functionality which parental control programs offer parents.
uMobix app can monitor Android devices. It is one of the most popular mobile spy apps available.
uMobix allows you all the basic surveillance features with a few additional perks.
It is compatible with the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, and there is a jailbreaking and non-jailbreak option. In terms of Android devices, the parental control program works with Samsung, Sony, LG, HTC, Motorola, Google, and Huawei devices.
The decent feature list includes:
- Tracking of texts, chats, and emails
- Live control panel
- GPS location
- Tracking of iMessages
- Video and phone call log
- Browser history access
- Monitoring of social networking like Twitter and Facebook
- Stealth Camera
NOTE: It requires a payment of $29.99 per month to provide free lifetime upgrades.
mSpy parental control and surveillance application is affordable and supplies parents with a full set of features to ensure the safety of an underage child. It is the best child lock app for Android.
You get initial help with the app installation during your first purchase, and multilingual support is available 24/7.
Controls parents can use with mSpy include:
- Tracking of messengers like SMS, Whatsapp
- Recording phone calls
- GPS tracking
- Access to photos, videos, and other multimedia on the target device
- The ability to remote control of Android phones and apps on it
- mSpy is KidsSafe Certified.
The app is compatible with computers featuring the Windows or Mac OS systems. In terms of cell devices, the app is compatible with iOS and Android devices.
The basic mSpy plan costs $29.99.
FlexiSpy is the best Android tablet parental control app on the market. It is compatible with Android, Blackberry, iPad, iPhone, and Symbian devices. With this software, the parental controls you get include:
- The ability to monitor a plethora of chat sessions, including Facebook Messenger, Viber, Skype, Line, WeChat, iMessage, BBM, track Yahoo!, Snapchat, Hangouts, Telegram, Tinder, Instagram and hack Kik accounts.
- Monitor multimedia
- Take photos with the device’s camera
- Listen in on ambient and surrounding sounds
- Live calls/record
- Message tracking of email, SMS
- Runs in stealth mode
- GPS location features
- Passcode capture
- Time limits
It has three pricing categories for phone monitoring, namely Lite ($29.95), Premium ($68), and Extreme ($199).
Auto Forward Spy is well suited for Android phones. It is compatible with all iPhones (iPhone 7 and iOS 10.0) as well.
Jailbreaking is not necessary on the iPhone for the product to work.
- Track text messages, iMessages, emails, videos, and photos
- GPS location functions on both Android selections and iPhones
- Special diagnostics
- Social media monitoring
- Remote app controls
- Browser history
- 7 access to the Web history
Auto Forward Spy comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. This app has two plans with a one-time payment of $29.99 for the Basic plan and $69.99 for Pro.
Google Family Link
Google Family Link is a parental control app by Google that provides the most authentic services. The remarkable features of Google Family Link include:
- Guiding the child to good content by viewing their activity, managing and recommending the right apps
- Setting limits and locking their device to limit the screen time
- Locating the child
Google Family Link is compatible with Android 5.0 to 7.0 and higher devices for kids and teens. For parents, Google Family Link is accessible for Android 5.0 and higher, iOS9 and higher.
NOTE: The app is free to install and can be downloaded through the Google Play Store and App Store.
Mobicip is a reliable parental control software and internet filter that protects your family from Internet threats, limits screen time, respects child data privacy, and yet manages to be the best parental control app.
It is compatible with nearly all devices, including Android. The key features of the software include:
- Advanced internet filtering
- Supervises video content by adding a video filter
- Permits location tracking of your child or device
- Limits screen time and restricts access to games, and internet once the time is limit is crossed
- Manages apps and games by restricting their access or blocking them
- Blocks websites
- Records the browsing history
- Easy to setup
Mobicip offers a 7-day free trial and after that, charges $39.99 to $124.99 a year according to the selected plan.
This app is most suitable for managing other apps and games as it prevents kids from installing distracting apps in the first place. Plus, you can review access requests to such apps from your kids.
Bark is the best child monitoring app to keep your kids safe online.
Some of the exemplary features of Bark are:
- Provides comprehensive coverage by monitoring 24 different social networks
- Allows text and email monitoring
- 24/7 detection of cyberbullying, adult content, suicidal thoughts.
- Parental alerts
- Saves time and builds trust by monitoring your child and respecting their privacy too
- Unlimited children monitoring with the same price
- Limits screen time
Bark is compatible with iOS, Android, and Amazon mobile devices. It provides a 7-day free trial and charges only $99 per year per family.
Norton Family, the parental control software, is a quality product from a well-known antivirus software company Norton.
Some of the features of Norton Family are:
- Helps children find balance by setting limits
- Teaches safe online habits by flagging unsafe behavior
- Location supervision by mapping their location on Android and iOS devices
- Email alerts
- Activity history
- Access request from your child for a blocked site
- Video supervision by seeing the snippet of videos your child views
- Virus and Malware protection
Norton Family is compatible with Windows, Android, and iOS devices and not with Huawei, Chromebook, and Amazon devices. There are various other operating systems and hardware requirements that it seeks.
The Norton Family provides a 30 days free trial and after that charges $39.99 for a year.
Wondering what the best free parental control app for Android is?
Pumpic parental control program for Android and other devices is one of the most affordable parental control programs on the market. Its hosts following 20 + various features:
- Access to the calendar;
- Access to Internet history, bookmarks, and blocking or restricting content;
- Chat Monitoring with Facebook, Snapchat spying, Messenger, Whatsapp, Viber, and Kik;
- Email tracking: sent and received, including contact information;
- GPS and Geofencing;
- Inbound/outbound call monitoring;
- Keylogger, reboot, remote activity control, SIM change notification;
- SMS, iMessage, and MMS text tracking, block, and text limits.
- Allows you to set time limits
Pumpic parental control program is compatible with Android 2.2-6.01 (requires rooting) and iOS iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch 6.0 – 9.1 (requires a jailbreak).
How Can I Monitor My Child’s Android Phone For Free?
You can do so by downloading and installing the uMobix app through the over-the-air method.
- Enter the mobile number of the device to want to monitor.
- Enter the license provided to you after the subscription payment has been processed.
- Login to your account from the device you wish to and gain access to all the information of the monitored device.
Although, uMobix isn’t fully free parental control software for Android. However, it provides a good refund policy.
How Do I Turn On Parental Controls On Android?
To set up parental control on your Android device, you need to create a restricted account.
To do this:
- Open Settings
- Choose Add Users
- You will be asked to choose to create a User or Restricted Profile. Choose Restricted Profile before enabling a screen lock if you haven’t.
- Once done, you will see the Restricted Profile icon on the top of the screen.
When I’m not at work, you’re most likely to find me grabbing a coffee and indulging in a gripping and well-written piece of crime fiction. Alternatively, you could find me rallying for my kids at their soccer matches.
A self-proclaimed expert in cybersecurity. I regularly test and review parental monitoring software, so you can make an informed decision about which ones deserve your money and which ones you should ignore.
Top 6 Apps to Spy on a Cheating Spouse
7 Ways To Retrieve Deleted iPhone And Android Text Messages
How to Hack iPhone Messages for Free [UPDATED]